Unfortunately, kids today love to sit inside, play video games, chat online with their friends, and totally ignore the beautiful outdoors and exercise! Here are a couple tips to enjoy some quality time with the kids, but also make family time exciting and beneficial to your health, and your kid's health.
5 Easy Ways to Fit Family Fitness Into Your Lives
- Go to the park with your kids. Play frisbee, soccer, basketball, or anything that your family enjoys!
- Take a family hike. Start off with a short, flat trail and gradually increase length and difficulty over hikes and time.
- Go swimming. Swimming is a great way to get exercise while cooling off in the summer and enjoying games in the pool.
- Ride bikes around the neighborhood. Bike to the park and play a quick game of catch after dinner!
- Jump rope. Jumping rope can burn up to 800 calories per hour and is a great way to bring some music into family time! Play jump rope games to your kid's favorite songs!
Any other family fitness tips or ideas? Post them below!
At O2 Fitness, we are more than just a health and fitness center; we are a community comprised of personal trainers, instructors and fitness enthusiasts who love being healthy and encouraging one another to reach whatever our personal fitness goals might be. If you haven't visited one of our O2 Fitness locations, stop by today. Already a member? Invite a friend with our FREE guest pass :)