Sweet Potatoes are available all year round and are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber. Choose potatoes that are small to medium in size with smooth, unbruised skin. Store sweet potatoes in a dry, dark place and they will keep for up to three to four weeks.
Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 small sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 450° for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, turning wedges after the first 15 minutes. Serve immediately.