Looking for a healthy breakfast option but don't want to do a lot of work first thing in the morning? Overnight Oats were made for you!
It's as simple as mixing all the ingredients in a jar and placing it in the fridge. (Seriously, it's only those two steps!) There's no cooking, no baking, and no extra dirty dishes to make this easy meal prep.
The best part of overnight oats? The base recipe is already delicious and filling on its own, so they're super easy to customize however you want!
Technically, overnight oats only require rolled oats and milk. But to make the base of your oats creamier and super tasty, you can add yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup!
- Rolled oats: Use old-fashioned rolled oats for the best texture. (If you're gluten-sensitive or celiac, look for certified gluten-free oats!)
- Milk: You can use dairy or dairy-free milk (like almond milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.) You can also opt to use water instead.
- Yogurt: A simple fat-free Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt provides extra protein (and a little extra flavor if you choose vanilla or another yogurt flavor!)
- Chia Seeds: The liquid in the oats will cause the chia seeds to gel up in the oats to make them creamy and thick. (Bonus: they're loaded with health benefits and give a nutrient boost!)
- Maple Syrup: Natural sweeteners like maple syrup or honey blend in beautifully. You can always add as little or as much as you'd like.
HOW TO MAKE EASY OVERNIGHT OATS
For a single serving. It's super easy to make overnight oats in a jar!
- Stir it all together. In a small jar, stir together
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup yogurt *optional
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds *optional
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup *optional
- Soak and chill. Place the jar in the fridge to let the oats soak for at least 2 hours (but overnight is best.)
- Add toppings and serve. The next morning, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Easy Overnight Oats Recipies to Try
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon chopped walnuts *optional
- 2 Tablespoons of jam
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 Teaspoon chopped pistachios *optional
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
Simple. Easy. Delicious! Comment and tell us what toppings you would add to your overnight oats!