Studio fitness classes are a proven way to enhance your wellness community, enjoy effective workouts, and achieve your personal goals. Every group fitness class is designed differently, and they are each targeted to produce a range of fitness results. So which group fitness class is best for meeting your health and fitness plans?
If you are building stronger, more prominent muscles, strength training studio fitness classes can help you along the way. Whether your fitness goal involves toning down or bulking up, these strength training classes are designed to help you achieve your desired results:
- Shred: Shred is an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) high-intensity strength workout consisting of 5 major circuits of work that will leave you feeling accomplished. For toning muscles, participants can do extra reps with a smaller barbell, and for building up muscles, participants can challenge themselves with larger barbells. Both methods will result in stronger, more defined muscles, along with other health and fitness benefits.
- Dirty30: Dirty30 is a total body burner that will work you hard from head to toe in just 30 minutes. It involves progressive exercises with increasing rep counts to allow the participant to dial in their own intensity level. Intense circuits are separated by active recovery periods, a method known for providing effective strength training and reliable results.
- Core: Specifically designed to build strength in your core, this class provides the attention needed to build up your central muscle groups, supporting a strong foundation for you to succeed in your strength training endeavors.
- Body Pump: This class is no joke if you are looking to gain strength in the studio! Body Pump utilizes the barbell and small weight plates during a full-body workout that will burn calories, shape, and tone your entire body.
You can build strength and tone your muscles in a wide variety of strength training classes. Check out your local gym’s class schedule to view the full range of strength training classes available near you.
Cardio exercises can strengthen your heart, lower your blood pressure, alleviate stress, and improve your overall health. If you are looking for an effective cardio class, there is a range of different studio fitness offerings that accommodate this goal.
- Ride (indoor cycling): Indoor cycling can work your heart while you burn calories and strengthen your lower muscle groups. Combining the best of interval training and great music, Ride is a music-driven class that challenges you at your own level but offers you guidelines to help you get the most optimal workout in a short duration. This class style is also modifiable and low-impact, so cycling is easily accessible to participants at any level.
- Zumba: The perfect combination of dancing, cardio, and fun, Zumba classes are designed to get your heart rate up while you enjoy a powerful and exciting workout.
- Tabata: Using quick rounds followed by a short rest, you are able to drive your efforts and maximize your fitness. Tabata will leave you breathless after every set which allows the body to burn more energy long after the workout is through. Throw in a Hiit challenge and core sequence and Tabata engages the whole body with challenge, motivation, and options. No matter your fitness level, Tabata offers up heart-pounding opportunities and intensity to push all efforts to their fullest potential.
- Ladder: Our ladder classes are structured around timed intervals that mix aerobic and anaerobic exercises with short periods of rest. You'll climb up the ladder of intervals and then work your way back down to finish the class. You'll leave the studio drenched, accomplished, and checking the group fitness schedule for the next class!
These studio fitness courses are beneficial to your fitness goals and your overall well-being. Cardio is an essential element of every workout routine, and studio fitness classes can help you stay committed and accountable when incorporating these exercises into your schedule.
Balance and Mobility
Balance, mindfulness, and mobility are important fitness goals that you can achieve through a variety of different studio fitness classes. These include:
- Pilates: Pilates is a low-impact, muscle-toning class designed to challenge your strength and help you move towards your fitness goals. Known for improving your mobility and flexibility while energizing your muscles, Pilates is a rewarding and effective studio fitness class.
- Yoga: For balance, strength, stress relief, and flexibility, yoga classes are perfect for giving you the stability that you are seeking, as well as a wide range of other health and fitness benefits. Find out more about which yoga class is right for you and your goals here.
- m'bala: An equal balance between high-intensity cardio and strength training. The m’bala experience asks you to bring along your best coordination, practice your balance, and lengthen and strengthen your muscles - all helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- Body Attack: Body Attack is a full-body workout that burns calories through athletic moves like lunging, jumping, squats, and boxing-inspired choreography. This class will help you build stamina while also improving your coordination and agility.
Take advantage of the structure and guidance that studio fitness courses offer these practices. These classes also provide a reliable outlet for the improvement of your mindfulness, balance, mobility, flexibility, toning, and other fitness goals.
Studio Fitness Classes Near Me
If you are looking for studio fitness classes in your area, check out the wide selection of offerings available at your local O2 Fitness location. You can find O2 Fitness in Charleston, SC, and across the NC Triangle, Triad, and Coast! Sign up now to take advantage of a free 21-day trial and kickstart your fitness goals today!