This super healthy, vitamin rich, high antioxidant, low fat, low calorie soup is the bomb! Plus it's so easy to make, and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. This has been a favorite soup since I was young (Thanks Mom).
Cabbage Soup: for a large pot (lessen ingredients for smaller quantity)
- 1 head raw cabbage, chopped
- 1 head raw broccoli (or cauliflower), cut into small florets
- 2 gold potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 large cans tomato juice
- 1 can vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- Adobe seasoning
- Turmeric seasoning
Put all above ingredients into large pot and cover with lid, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook (stirring occasionally) until veggies are cooked to preferred texture.
I like to add a little protein to my bowl to make it a complete meal, so I add a little chopped veggie meat (tofu or veggie sausage). You can add whatever protein you like, but try to keep it lean. A little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top is a nice treat too.