This is my current favorite healthy treat recipe. It's an awesome chewy cookie that is great for the Holidays, while also being one of the best easy snacks for endurance training and long runs. It satisfies the sweet tooth and is full of healthy calories.
The recipe involves only a few ingredients and stove-top heating, so it's easy to make and takes only about 10 minutes to prepare! Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Oat Clusters:
- Place 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk (or soy milk), and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chips melt (approx. 3 minutes).
- Stir in 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats and remove from heat.
- With a spoon or melon baller, drop 8 ball-shaped portions on a baking sheet.
- Let set in the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. You can also store clusters in the fridge, in a container, until eaten.