Almonds are a naturally high source of vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium. They are a good source of protein, low in sugars and are high in fiber (which helps provide that “full” feeling).
Additionally, almonds are cholesterol-free and very low in saturated fat, making them an excellent option for smarter meals and snacks. Just a handful of almonds a day may help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Almond Trailblazer Mix
Makes 16 servings
- 2 cups whole natural almonds, roasted
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup roasted soybeans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, sunflower seeds and soybeans.Sprinkle with soy sauce and ginger.
- Toss to coat evenly; spread on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Cool completely. Add raisins and dried cherries; toss.
- Store in airtight container.