Grilled Plank Shrimp Salad
Makes: 4 salads
- 3/4 fresh lime juice
- 1/2 sweet chili sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- handful cilantro leaves chopped
- 4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- optional* 1/2 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cedar plank (soaked 1-2 hrs)
- avocado, peeled, diced large chunks
- orange ,peeled and sectioned
- various favorite salad veggies (red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, carrots)
- organic mix salad greens
- Whisk together first five ingredients and add 7 tablespoons of oil.
- Remove 1/2 cup; set aside.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat grill, assemble salads. Once grill is hot, place plank on grill sear on one side and flip over.
- Place shrimp on top of plank. cook until pink (approximately 5 minutes).
- Place cooked shrimp on salads and drizzle remaining marinade over the top.