The Holidays are full of parties and festivities that can really add on the calories, but no worries - O2 Fitness has teamed up with The Architect Bar and Social House in Downtown Raleigh and we have found a way for you to celebrate without feeling guilty! Create your own with the recipe below, or stop by The Architect and try one today!
Holiday Ginger Smash:
- 2 Thin slices of fresh ginger root (less than 5 Calories)
- 10 Fresh, whole cranberries (10 Calories)
- 1 ½ Ounces Little Black Dress Vodka (100 Calories)
- 2 Ounces Healthy Balance Apple Juice (8 Calories)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon (less than 5 Calories)
Total Count: 120 Calories!
- Muddle the ginger and cranberries in the bottom of a cocktail glass until well smashed.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add vodka, lemon juice, and apple juice.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or apple slice.
- For a festive touch sprinkle with Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice.
If you would like to be playful with this cocktail try different fruits such as apples or pears. Also, spiced apple cider is a great way to bring even more of that holiday flavor in for your parties. The best part is that it only adds 20 more calories!
Recipe prepared for O2 Fitness and The Architect Bar and Social House by Aaron Seelbinder, The Culinary Mixologist. The Architect Bar and Social House is located at 108 1/2 East Hargett Street • Raleigh, NC 27601 • (919) 833-4949