Clementines are a convenient and nutritious snack. With their small size, these juicy fruits can be carried easily in a lunch bag, backpack, purse or briefcase. They are very easy to peel, are seedless and tend to have less acid than oranges. A whole clementine contains just 35 calories and is loaded with vitamin C (provides 60% of your daily need). In addition to vitamin C, this little fruit contains a variety of other vitamins and minerals.
Grilled Shrimp, Peppers & Clementine Panino
Makes 1 serving
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 5 big shrimp (fresh or frozen), shelled and deveined
- 3 clementine wedges
- Handful lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup bottled roasted red or yellow peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Prepare the clementine wedges, lettuce, bottled roasted peppers, sesame seeds and fresh thyme in front of you.
- Grill both sides of the shrimp on an oven-top griddle until cooked through.
- When almost at the end of grilling the shrimp, grill the bread on the griddle too, away from the shrimp until slightly crunchy and warm.
- Fill up the panino with lettuce, peppers, shrimp and clementine wedges. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh thyme.