Let’s face it. We are all making decisions every day based upon the idea that what we want will ultimately make us feel good. Whether it’s picking those strawberries over the doughnut, or gathering with friends to chat, walking the dog, or deciding to work with a fitness trainer, our decisions in life are based upon knowing innately that we desire to feel better than we did before.
Our ultimate goal in life should always be to feel good now and keep feeling better. Getting to that feel good place isn’t always easy though. With some practice and knowledge of some helpful tips we can powerfully change the course of our mood, attitude, physiology and thoughts. Take a look at some of these tips below.
- Change your body physiology. By simply changing your body physiology, standing taller, throwing your shoulders back, you look and feel more confident.
- Smile. A smile is the most powerful body part you possess. Try smiling and instantly you feel better.
- Whistle, hum. Play your favorite music and within seconds you change your level of thinking to a higher, happier place.
- Hug someone. Hugs make you feel instant connection.
- Walk it off. Go for a walk outside and look at things in the distance.
- Being in nature nurtures. Eat good whole foods that are as close to nature as possible.
These tips seem basic and simplistic because they are. With practice over and over again and a continuous reminder that you are here to feel good in the present moment, the next tool from your box should be a no brain-er.