With summer temperatures still lingering in the air, (the Fall weather has to be around the corner, right?) we thought we would share another healthy and delicious recipe featuring Fennel, October's Food of the Month. This particular recipe is healthy, delicious AND incredibly easy to make. It's another side dish, so we say service with your favorite entree or prepare for a snack. Did you make the first recipe? What did you think of Fennel?
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts, (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add tomatoes, fennel, parsley and pine nuts
- Toss to coat
Toast pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
recipe and image via Eating Well