Scrambling for dinner ideas?
Try this O2 Fitness trainer-approved Spinach and Avocado Pesto Pasta!
This is a quick and easy recipe that won't kill your diet. A great way to eat this raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, preservative-free and vegan-friendly spinach pesto is on brown rice pasta. All you need are four simple ingredients!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup spinach
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup walnuts (optional)
1. Add to the food processor spinach, avocado, walnuts and oil.
2. Once your ingredients are in, proceed to pulse until loose consistency.
3. If needed to loosen your pesto more just add water gradually until desired texture.
4. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper for taste!
5. Add your pesto to your already cooked choice of pasta and enjoy! Our favorite, is the quinoa or brown rice pasta! Your dish, your pick!
This pesto sauce is packed with nutrients, adding iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, fiber, vitamin E, vitamin B, and folic acids to your dish! By adding avocado to your meals you help maintain cholesterol levels in the healthy range and lower your risk for heart disease. Enjoy!