Work up a serious sweat with this calorie-torching move: the plyometric box jump. High-intensity jumping not only burns more fat but also builds muscle tone in your legs and glutes.
Workout: Plyometric Box Jumps
Targets: Legs, Glutes
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and lower yourself into a three-quarter squat.
- Shift your weight back on your heels and keep your core nice and tight.
- Push your feet into the floor and swing your arms through the movement to propel yourself onto the box.
- Land softly with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step down and repeat for a set amount of time or repetitions.
Extra Challenge: Use a taller box or wear a weight vest