Sliders aren't just for moving furniture. These small, slippery disks can give you a challenging upper body, lower body, and core workout - the possibilities are endless! Hit the functional training turf and give sliders a try with these tips from James Island Fitness Director Brittany Corbett.
Workout: Sliders on the Turf
Targets: Upper Body, Lower Body, Core
Move 1: Croc Walk
1. With a slider under each foot, get down into a tabletop position.
2. Slide your legs straight back and walk forward with your hands, keeping core tight.
Move 2: Reverse Lunge
1. With a slider under each foot, plant your left foot and slide your right leg back into a deep lunge.
2. Pull up with your core keeping chest up and high.
Move 3: Spider Crunch
1. Get onto all fours and kick legs backwards into a high plank position.
2. Pull right leg in and across abdominals towards left side, then back out.
3. Alternate legs to work both obliques.